Thursday, February 5, 2009

some FO's

I've been distracted lately... and have been having a hard time- finding time to sit and work up a post... I don't know that this is going to be much better~~ here are some FO's:
DSC04945
Pattern: Baby Surprise Jacket by E. Zimmerman
Yarn: Cotton Joy Jr.
Needles: Addi Lace Turbo's (because I love them!) Size 5
Notes: I started this way back in august... the knitting has been done for MONTHS~ but I hate seaming... Laura (in the photo)... took pity on my and seamed up my shoulders and sewed the buttons on... she ROCKS~!

DSC04942DSC04961
Pattern: Preemie Hats for Charity by Carissa Browning
Needles: Knit Picks DPN's- size 3
Yarn: Random acrylic ~ the Pink is Sirdar's Snuggly
Notes: I made 3 of these little hats to donate~

DSC04969
Pattern: Pocketbook Slippers
Yarn: Malabrigo Chunky- Forest
Needles: Size 6 Knit Picks Harmony Options
Notes: so fast and clever~

>DSC04964DSC04963
Pattern: Witter Cottage Mittens by Dee Bamford
Yarn: Posh Yarns Lucia Sock in the Pansies and Cream colorways
Needles: Knit Picks DPN's Size 2 and 2.5
Notes: These knit up quickly, after I frogged and restarted like 5 times (the yarn held up well.) This is my 1st stranded knitting project. I love them~ Fernella actually accidentally washed them and they felted a bit... but they still fit... actually they are better now- because the fit is tighter (like negative ease) and it is warmer (warm to begin with...just warmer now)

A picture of my newest needles... since the title is called fascination with needles...
DSC05006DSC05007
they are the Blue Sky Alpaca DPN's in Size 0~ I would have preferred a size 1 or 2 but I picked them up during the superbowl sale at Knit-a-Bit (Westfield, NJ) and they were sold out~ I'm still waiting for someone to buy me the signature dpn's~ :)

6 comments:

Fran said...

Wow, so many lovely finished objects! I really love your new needles.

Lupie said...

I have these needles. They are perfect for fingers on gloves!

Lupie said...

So since I commented yesterday I broke one of my needles. Learn from my screw up be gentle with them.

Megan said...

Those mittens came out amazing. Just beautiful.

pepper said...

thanks for the comment!
I love your mittens. They are magnificent. I was going to mention that my mom, Lupie, has those needles but I see she has gotten here first :)

Lupie said...

I nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger Award. Check my blog.