Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ravelympics and other stuff~

So I'm like overly excited about this... my Ravelympics Project... the Icarus Shawl...is DONE!!

What started as this...
DSC04172Ravelympics icarus shawl... chart 1
is now...
DSC04185DSC04184
DSC04183

Pattern: Icarus Shawl by Miriam Felton
Yarn: Mababrigo Lace- Polar Morn Colorway
Needles: Addi Lace- size 5
Cast on: 08/08/08 @ 8PM (EST)
Bind off: 08/24/08 @ 2AM (EST)
Notes and such: Added an extra repeat of Chart 1~ because my mom wanted the shawl to be larger... it took a total of about 2.5 skeins of the Malabrigo~ which is the most yummiest yarn ever-ever-ever~
I must really love this shawl because in the process of making it...I lost a beloved stitch marker...*sob* they were special pewter ones that looked like sheep and had lil' pink bead-ies on top... so cute... RIP little sheep stitch marker... I believe you are lost in New Jersey somewhere~

now non-knitting related...
My car...is now GONE~ we returned it on Tuesday~ the lease was up...and my mom was really hoping to ride in a different... errr... new car... I will miss it~ it was a good car~ the last picture of my car... out in the rain last week~
DSC04166
More rain pictures~
DSC04167DSC04168
I made "hho-dduk" for my grandmother last week~ they weren't pretty to look at but they tasted good~
DSC04173DSC04175

1 comment:

Solar said...

Interesting. Interesting indeed.

Tinna!